Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thought for the Day: Bloom First


This week, the sun has been shining on Los Angeles as we expect it to: brightly, clearly, and warmly. It's been a rainy, gray winter for this city of sun (and angels), and the early summer weather has been a welcome respite.

I've noticed these trees in places around the city, that burst into bloom before they grow leaves. They are forks of bare branches and trunks one day, and then the next, they've exploded into color. It's amazing. I don't know what kind of trees they are, and I don't want to know. They surprise me; floor me with their beauty. When, that is, I remember to look up.


live with intention.
walk to the edge.
listen hard.
practice wellness.
play with abandon.
laugh.
choose with no regret.
continue to learn.
appreciate your friends.
do what you love.
life as if this is all there is.

-- mary anne radmacher

Well said, indeed, Ms. Radmacher. This has always been one of my favorite quotations/poems/reminders. I've got it on a magnet on the fridge, and I've had it for years. I bought it during a rough point in my life when I needed a little inspiration to just keep on keepin' on, and now I think no day is complete without a little inspiration. I hope you enjoy her words, and that, like me, you might strive to live them.


No comments:

Post a Comment